stories and photos of a simple Filipina who found her second home, Wolfenbüttel, DE

Friday, October 23, 2009

Luang Prabang



24.11.2005 - After our 2 days boat trip from Huay - Xai to Pakbeng Village we are finally in Laos. Michael got his visa before in Bangkok, i don't need visa because i am a Filipino. The boat trip in Mekong River was bit dangerous because of the rapids and currents. We had to stay in Pakbeng Village one night and continue the journey next day.

Laos - a very relax country the life is slow and quiet but romantic. Colonized by the French in the 1950's that's why people also speaks French aside from their local language. Baguette sandwhich is very good in Laos. They also have a very strong drinks called "Lao Lao" has about 70 to 80 percent of alcohol.







Luang Prabang - We arrived in Luang Prabang in the afternoon from Pakbeng Village. The boat trip was also exciting seeing and enjoying the view of the landscape, passed by some cave temple and saw the minorities people living in the mountain.There was a festival that day, we had been lucky to witnessed it. The temples of Luang Prabang which about 100 are under world heritage.
The photo below is the the famous and the most important temple in Luang Prabang, it's called Wat Xieng Thong. I had to wear my jacket because no sleeves blouse are not allowed inside the temple. ( er.. outside too? hehe i only forgot to take out my jacket in this picture ;)

















We really enjoyed the festival, it was so colorful and far diferent from other festival i saw. Got a chance to have some photos together with the girls participated in the festival.









We had a nice two days stay in Luang Prabang, our journey continues next day to Vientianne. The bus trip to Vientianne was not so good at least for me, that will be in my next entry. The sun set in Mekong River photo was taken in our last night in Luang Prabang while having dinner.

6 comments:

  1. This is a great place to visit, one of my must see places. thanks for sharing these photos. makes me want to go soon, hahah..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...of all the photos, that sunset captivated me the most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredible it must be to travel everywhere. Great pictures. Have you been to Scotland or Ireland? I'd love to see the pictures if you have. Thanks for letting me travel with you. I hope you will come visit my blog and let me know what you think. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. miss you Car, thanks a lot for sharing this trip to us, love the sunset picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi car, in answer to your question, yeah i take my own photos...it would be a shame to be posting if it weren't my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pacey > i bet you Pacey when you get there you will never think of coming home again Lol! ;)hehe and thanks for answering my question ;) i believe you :)


    Ayie > thanks Ayie :) same here i love that sunset photo :)


    Windie > thanks for dropping by Windie, i never been to Ireland or Scotland, i will visit your blog Windie.

    Betchai > i miss you too kimchai... just take it easy at work girlash, me too Beth love that sunset pic ;)

    ReplyDelete